GLIMS Workshop: 6-8 July 2007, Perugia, Italy

Jeff Kargel jkargel1054 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 21 17:08:15 MST 2006

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

Thank you, Richard, for the additional confirmation that cryosphere sessions for IUGG will be during the week of 9-13
July, and for pointing out that we need to be making hotel reservations very soon due to the jazz festival and IUGG meeting.

To end uncertainty, and consistent with abundant GLIMS member feedback, I give the definitive calendar here:

6 July 2007: GLIMS-program-specific workshop.  GLIMSView, GLACE, and GLIMS Book will be main topics.

7-8 July (option for departure from Perugia on afternoon of 6 July to bring us closer to hike starting point): Optional hike.  Roberto Ranzi has suggested going to Calderone Glacier, not too far from Perugia.  It is the last small surviving Apennine glacier.  It has  interesting geomorphological fatures and debris cover.  He has suggested Claudio Smiraglia as a possible hike leader.

9-13 July 2007.  Second week of IUGG meeting.  You should submit your GLIMS abstracts to the IUGG cryosphere sessions.

--Jeff Kargel