Splinter Meeting at EGU

Frank Paul fpaul at geo.unizh.ch
Fri Jun 9 03:55:53 MDT 2006

Dear Colleagues

For those of you who are interested in the protocol of this years
splinter meeting at the EGU General Assembly in Vienna, I have
posted a PDF version at my ftp site. The URL is:

ftp://ftp.geo.unizh.ch/pub/fpaul/egu_splinterm_prot.pdf

It summarizes the actual status of glacier inventory work in several
European countries (including an input from ongoing work in Alaska)
and the problems encountered during the work. Moreover, some general
statements related to the creation of a glacier inventory are included.

We hope to discuss some of the open points (in particular the
proposed definition of a glacier from a remote sensing perspective)
in more detail during this years GLIMS workshop in Cambridge.

I am looking forward to meet many of you there!

With best regards, Frank Paul