Fw: LDCM User Requirements

John L Dwyer dwyer at usgs.gov
Thu Apr 13 12:43:20 MDT 2006

Dear Colleagues -

In my new position working on the Landsat Data Continuity Mission (LDCM),
I'd like to bring your attention to news and information
as we progress with the mission formulation phase.

Attached is an email below from one of my LDCM colleagues who is working
on soliciting feedback from the user community regarding
requirements for data and information.  Please take a few minutes to
review the questionaire and respond to Ann directly.

Second, information regarding the LDCM can be found at the NASA and USGS
LDCM web sites.

For information on the instrument and spacecraft, please consult NASA's
LDCM web site at
http://ldcm.nasa.gov/

For information on the Landsat Science Team that will be sponsored by the
USGS, as well as information on the LDCM ground system,
consult the USGS LDCM web site at
http://ldcm.usgs.gov/history.php

Thanks in advance for providing your feedback.

Regards,

John

John L. Dwyer
Principal Scientist
Landsat Data Continuity Mission
SAIC, Contractor to the USGS Center for
Earth Resources Observation and Science
USGS EROS
47914 252nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57198-9801
Sioux Falls, SD 57198
Voice:  +1 605 594-6060
Fax:     +1 605 594-6567
Cell:     +1 605 359-7262
Email:  dwyer at usgs.gov
http://ldcm.usgs.gov

The USGS is in the midst of defining requirements for the next Landsat
satellite, ground station, products, cost, data access mechanisms, meta
data, etc. and ... well, we can make some educated guesses--or we can try
to find out what the people who are using the data think we should do.

 So this is your chance for YOU to tell US what you want!

Because it's hard to report what a large group of people have to say
without some form of standardized data collection, I've got a form I have
to ask you to fill out.  I've tried to make it as simple as possible to
click your way through it. We do have a lot of questions, though, so bear
with us!

If you'd rather just talk over the phone, let's set up a time! I'm happy
to do that--there's nothing more fun to me than hearing our scientists'
opinions--and what they're doing with the data!

Thanks again. I wish you well in all your studies,

Ann Krause, Systems Engineer
Science Applications Information Corporation (SAIC)
Technical Support Services Contract
@ EROS Data Center
Sioux Falls, SD 57198
(605) 594-6964