"left" and "right" sides of glacier boundaries

Georg Kaser Georg.Kaser at uibk.ac.at
Fri Feb 25 01:36:09 MST 2005

Dear Bruce,

I would propose that a decission is not led by the demands of a certain
method but should follow the convention that left and right in sciences
related to the earth surface is defined as orograpically left and right.
Look into the direction water (ice) flows and assign (the glacier
boundaries) to either left and right. I would stick on this even if it
makes the application of a given method more complicated.

Best wishes, Georg

Georg Kaser
Institut fuer Geographie
Innrain 52