GLIMS Update: request for list of GLIMS abstracts/papers

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Fri Feb 27 14:25:55 MST 2004

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

The ASTER Science Team is interested in compiling a list of ASTER-related
abstracts and published papers, and GLIMS also would benefit from a list of
ASTER/GLIMS-related papers and abstracts.  We can update a web-posted
bibliography with this information.  So please, if you can, send me a list
of your GLIMS work that can be officially cited (no unpublished gray
literature; in press reports are fine).  This should include only papers
that are oriented toward achieving GLIMS goals, but can include any aspect
that relates.  They can be in any format, to make it easy, but all other
things being equal I would prefer:

Author, A.B.C., D.E. Author, F.G. Author, YEAR, Article Title, Journal
Name,  Volume, Page Numbers Range UVW-XYZ.
Author, H.I., J.K.  Author, L. Author, YEAR, Chapter Title, Book Title
(Editors),  Publisher, Page Numbers range ABC-DEF.
Author, M., YEAR, YEAR, Book Title, Publisher, How many pages.

If I receive this information by next Tuesday afternoon, I will include it
in a summary for the ASTER Scienbce Team meeting next week; otherwise, I
will post it on the website after I return.

If you have unpublished technical reports that you feel should be posted on
the GLIMS internet site, please send me a copu and I shall consider it.  If
you would like your own website or some pdf version of your papers to be
hot linkable from the GLIMS website, please send me the URL.

Finally, for future reference, it would be helpful to the GLIMS project to
include GLIMS (Global Land Ice Measurements from Space) in the title or
abstract of your GLIMS-related papers, or at least to make explicit
reference to GLIMS in the body of the paper.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jeff K
Energy conservation isn't just "green" and future-oriented, it's for
economic prosperity, national/global security, and global peace.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dr. Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001