GLIMS Update: (1) Workshop, Chamonix, Sep. 2-3. (2) Almost end of free ASTER data

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Sun Mar 31 18:19:31 MST 2002

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

(1) GLIMS Workshop, Sep. 2-3, 2002, Chamonix, France.
Since it is the end of March, the next GLIMS workshop is just 5 months
away.  I am still negotiating to arrange 2 possible venues for the
workshop, but at this point the meeting dates, at least, are pretty firm.
The workshop will take place on Sep. 2-3, the Monday and Tuesday following
the IGS Symposium in Chamonix.  Hopefully the final logistical details will
be worked out this week, and I will of course forward those details to you
as soon as they are confirmed.

(2) ASTER data pricing policy.
For those of you who may not have been checking on ASTER data acquisitions,
you may be pleasantly surprised to see that the pace of glacier imaging has
picked up.  Not so pleasant, ASTER data will soon come at a price, so place
your orders now before the cost starts hurting.   The last I heard, April
could be the month when the new pricing policy is implemented.  See
http://edcimswww.cr.usgs.gov/pub/imswelcome/.

Cheers,

 Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey