GLIMS data transfer method (fwd)

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Wed Oct 3 14:37:09 MDT 2001

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:36:30 -0600
From: Bruce Raup <braup at nsidc.org>
To: Andreas Kaeaeb <kaeaeb at geo.unizh.ch>
Subject: GLIMS data transfer method

Hey Andi.

How are things in Zurich?  Been to any technobars lately?

I assume you saw our proposal for transfer of GLIMS data from Regional
Centers to NSIDC.  Since your group is more advanced than most other RCs
in the production and curation of GLIMS-like data, we're particularly
interested in your responses to the proposal.  If you think the scheme is
workable, perhaps you could even send us some or all of your data in the
format as a test.  Feel free to send your opinions to the glims_database
mailing list (at glims_database at flagmail.wr.usgs.gov).

I hope all is well with you there.

Tschuss,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814