NSIDC archives and distributes daily, weekly, and monthly Level-1A, Level-2A, Level-2B, and Level-3 data products from the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer - Earth Observing System (AMSR-E) sensor on NASA's Aqua satellite.
The AMSR-E instrument launched on 2 May 2002. Temporal coverage for the data products is from 18 June 2002 through 04 October 2011.
The AMSR-E instrument provides measurements of terrestrial, oceanic, and atmospheric parameters for the investigation of global water and energy cycles, including precipitation rate, sea surface temperature, sea ice concentration, snow water equivalent, soil moisture, surface wetness, wind speed, atmospheric cloud water, and water vapor.
These data products and related information are displayed on several Web pages, and can be accessed via the links on the left. These Web pages are described below.
- Data Sets - Lists all the individual AMSR-E data sets and provides links to the guide documentation for each data set.
- Order Data - Provides options for ordering AMSR-E data from NSIDC.
- Data Versions - Summarizes algorithm changes and temporal coverage for different versions of AMSR-E data.
- Tools - Provides links to software for working with AMSR-E data.
- News - Lists updates to, or problems with the data.
- FAQ - Provides some of our most frequently asked questions about the AMSR-E products.
- Research - Lists citations of published research involving AMSR-E data.