ARC Archives Catalog
The ARC Archives Catalog specializes in historical cryospheric science materials. Its holdings include thousands of maps, photographs, prints, expedition journals, and more. The materials cover early expeditions to Alaska, the Alps, South and Central America, and Greenland, as well as historical records of the activities of the World Data Center and the National Snow and Ice Data Center. Items will be of interest to those researching the history of science, exploration in cold regions, or studying past climate.
Some of these holdings can be found in our online catalog. Contact us for more information.
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.)
- Browse by collection, digital item name, subject, or creator.