[GLIMS] east Africa data

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Tue Mar 24 10:58:05 MDT 2020

Hi Katie,

The RGI version 6 region 16 file does indeed include outlines for the
three glacierized locations in East Africa:  Rwenzori Range, Kilimanjaro,
and Mt. Kenya.  The hypsometry data are included, in the file
"16_rgi60_LowLatitudes_hypso.csv".  If you're visualizing the data in QGIS
or similar, the default view will be zoomed out enough to include the Andes
and Irian Jaya, so it's easy to miss the tiny African glacier outlines.

The data file I'm referring to is

http://www.glims.org/RGI/rgi60_files/16_rgi60_LowLatitudes.zip

If you have technical difficulties with this file that won't be of general
interest, feel free to write me directly.

Cheers,
Bruce