[GLIMS] ASTER glacier (GLIMS) data acquisitions

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:09:22 MDT 2018

Dear all:

After some internal discussions in GLIMS, where we considered possible changes to data acquisitions, we have decided to continue the same basic acquisition plan as we have had in recent years.

There is one exception that I want to entertain:

Are you aware of areas that have not been covered at all by ASTER with any useful images (probably because the glaciers are not in the GLIMS database), or areas that have been so poorly covered that you see a need to make changes to the acquisitions plan?

A couple possible reasons to make changes on a very selective basis:

-- Acquired images are far too few.

-- Acquired images are always to saturated to be useful.

-- Acquired images are too snowy or cloudy, and a shift of acquisition timing could help.

If so, I need the lat lons, your recommended changes in date of acquisitions or a few words describing the problem.

--Jeff Kargel