[GLIMS] Third Pole Summit, Kunming, China, July 2017: abstracts due May 30!

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 19:39:45 MDT 2017

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

I note that an interesting international conference will take place in Kunming, China-- apparently a very lovely summer vacation city for China.  I am not on the organizing committee, but I have authorization (as of this afternoon) from the organizers to advertise this meeting on their behalf.  Please be aware that the due date for abstracts is May 30, a mere 3.5 days from now.  The conference will be July 10-12, 2017.  Please visit the meeting website (URL below).  I strongly encourage your participation.  I am told that a letter of invitation can help with the visa process (it certainly did with me), and also that there is enough time to get the letter, get an expedited visa, and buy your airline ticket.  The hotel  room at the conference venue will close on May 31, but presumably there will be other hotel room availability.  I can attest from having participated in a previous Third Pole meeting that these are very broad and very interesting meetings.

http://tpss2017.tpe.ac.cn/dct/page/1

Sincerely,

Jeff Kargel