[GLIMS] 2016 GLIMS Highlights

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Tue Jan 3 13:59:57 MST 2017

Hello all,

Happy New Year!  We at NSIDC and the GLIMS Core Team wish you all the best
for 2017.

There were several big accomplishments in GLIMS during 2016. Perhaps the
most important is, with the ingest of many new data sets, that GLIMS is now
globally complete. In addition, 87000 glaciers have outlines from more than
one time. Thanks to NASA, GLIMS funding is sufficient to take in more
glacier data as it is produced by our collaborators, and to make
improvements in technical infrastructure. In 2017 we intend to continue
with these activities, as well as increase our capability to ingest and
provide more topographic data related to the glaciers of the world.

More details are at

http://www.glims.org/2016_work_summary.html

Best regards,
Bruce