[GLIMS] GLIMS Book Update-- eBook download figures, and citations

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:33:25 MDT 2016

Dear GLIMS colleagues:Those of you who are authors of the GLIMS book may be interested in this report from the publisher.  About 31,000 chapter downloads have been made from ebooks during 2014 and 2015, and the ordering page gives the updated download total at about 45,000.  For books in its ebook category (whatever that means), it ranks in the top 25% in terms of downloads.  So that's good.  If you find citable/helpful science there, you should be citing it!I forward you the message from Springer, because it also contains information on how to track  your Springer publications' progress and for ordering Springer books at a 40% discount due to your role as an author.  I note that Amazon has new hard copies available for $162.76 USD, which is finally coming down out of the stratosphere to a reasonable price. Springer lists the book price at $219 USD, and with a 40% discount I think it should be available at $131.40 USD, if I understand their system correctly.  Cheers,Jeff Kargel