[GLIMS] GLIMS meeting at AGU

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Tue Nov 24 16:57:26 MST 2015

Hello all,

All who will be in San Francisco during AGU are welcome to attend a short
GLIMS meeting Monday morning.

Time:
     10:30 - 12:00, Monday, December 14, 2015
Location:
     San Francisco Marriott Marquis (55 4th Street)
     Room Foothill E, 2nd floor
     (one of the Arctic Community Meeting Rooms)
     The room will be supplied with a Mac laptop, LCD projector and screen,
     microphones, and speakers.

The meeting will be open to anyone with interest in GLIMS (agenda below).
Feel free to pass the word to others who might be interested.

For those wanting to join the meeting remotely, I will set up a Google
Hangout and send a link to this mailing list a few minutes before the
meeting.

We do not plan to have food or drink at the meeting, and I'm told that
outside food is not permitted in the meeting room.  I imagine that water
bottles and adult sippy cups (er, travel mugs) will probably be allowed.

Agenda:

1. Welcome, introductions
2. The GLIMS structure and new GLIMS Core Team
3. Update on new data (including RGI merge)
4. Update on other database changes (handling of multi-temporal data, RGI
    attributes, etc.)
5. Update on data submission procedures (and relation to submission to RGI)
6. Update on Web map data browser and download functions
7. GLIMS road map:  More data types into GLIMS:  velocity; point mass
    balance measurements, operational addition of topographic and centerline
    data, ...
8. Regional activity (Updates from you! What are your GLIMS-relevant
    projects, glacier mapping activities, upcoming contributions to GLIMS?)
9. General discussion

I plan for the last two items to take an hour or more.  So far I know of 12
people attending, and there is room for plenty more.  If you want to
present something, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your interest and input.

Best regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce H. RAUP