[GLIMS] GLIMS Update: Go-ahead signal from Springer

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 06:56:45 MDT 2014

GLIMS colleagues,For those contemplating developing a 1-page "GLIMS Highlight" for the media (derived from the GLIMS book or not-- I really want some non-book highlights too-- wherever GLIMS has contributed to the Randolph Inventory or GLIMS glacier database, and peer-reviewed publications, but not the GLIMS book), we have an official approval from Springer to use figures from the book and to permit their republication by the media.  If you derive figures from copyrighted published material outside the GLIMS book, please assure that you have permission and that the media will have permission to republish.  Fior GLIMS book-derived materials, please include this credit at the bottom of the page (9-point font is fine): "Photo credit: Figure XY.ZW from CHAPTER
AUTHORS HERE, 2014, in: Global Land Ice Measurements from Space (Springer-Praxis),
Kargel, J.S., G.J. Leonard, M.P. Bishop, A. Kaab, B. Raup (Eds), Heidelberg, pp
PAGE RANGE HERE. ISBN 978-3-540-79817-0 e-ISBN 978-3-540-79818-7, DOI
10.1007/978-3-540-79818-7."

Sincerely,Jeff Kargel