[GLIMS] Heartbleed vulnerabilities/password changes

Jeffrey jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:32:22 MDT 2014

Dear GLIMS colleagues,Because we are a network of colleagues, I think it is better that we look out for each other on matters such as systematic internet security problems of any large scale.  The following analysis of Heartbleed-related vulnerable social networking, email, and other accounts indicates some do not need password changes, but others, like Gmail and Facebook, probably do.
http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/

Jeffrey S. KargelDepartment of Hydrology & Water ResourcesUniversity of ArizonaTucson, AZ 85742  USAEmail(1) jeffreyskargel at hotmail.comEmail(2) kargel at hwr.arizona.eduMobile phone: 520-780-7759www.glims.org