[GLIMS] GLIMS Book Update: Proofs are slowly arriving

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:41:59 MDT 2013

Dear colleagues,Many of you are authors of GLIMS book chapters.  The proofs have been slowly arriving the last 12 days, five chapters so far, and those have been delivered to the authors along with instructions for proof corrections and term indexing.  As soon as your chapter is received (if not already), we will similarly distribute the relevant documents to you.  So far with those five chapters, the mandated corrections are all very easy and comparatively few due to the good job done during the chapter writing and editing.  At least that should speed things up for you and then the publisher once we get all the proofs from them.In case you want to have a head-start for the term indexing of your chapter, which does not need to await the proof, I attach instructions for indexing (to be re-sent when your chapter arrives).  The due date for the indexing is the same as with the proof corrections, i.e., 2 weeks from the time you receive the chapter proof.Sorry for the slow progress, and thanks for your patience.  It will be a great book, but much bigger than advertised on Amazon.com-- I don't know where they got their page length estimate!--Jeff Kargel