[GLIMS] GLIMS Update: Book proof and DVD production

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:42:05 MST 2013

Dear GLIMS book authors:
While the GLIMS chapter go through proof production, our attention has turned to the companion DVD.  Besides any special materials you want included in the DVD (animations, powerpoint presentations, excess figures, databases, etc.), we would like to place as many of the chapter figures as possible at very high resolution.  The publisher will not copyright the DVD's figures (just the versions that are printed in your chapter(s)).  It is a chance to have very high-resolution graphics available to the readers.  To safeguard against accidental copyright infringement in case your figures are already under copyright, we need your express permission to place all your chapter Figures on the DVD, or a subset of them.  We recognize that some figures are provided to Springer-Praxis with a publication waiver from other copyrighted use, but not for further reproduction; and that there may be other reasons not to provide high-resolution graphics).
If you have not granted your permission to do so and would like to participate in this generous allowance by the publisher, please convey your permission (along with any restrictions, such as omission of certain figures).  Unless you wish to replace figures that we already have on file (used for the submissions to the publisher), lead authors need not do anything except signal your approval.  You can provide whatever relevant materials you wish; DVD matter will not be reviewed other than for suitability and attributability to a specific person or chapter team.  We will provide a means for citation.
We would like to have all DVD materials pulled together within the next week or two, so that we can have time to organize them.
Sincerely,
Jeff Kargel