[GLIMS] Joint Himalaya Session-GLIMS dinner, next Thursday night, 6 PM, San Francisco

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:02:51 MST 2011

Dear GLIMS colleagues and presenters/authors for AGU session 43A,
We will hold a joint Himalaya-GLIMS conference dinner on the evening following Fall AGU session 43A (Past, Present, and Future of Himalayan Glaciers) at 6 PM, Thursday, December 8, at a San Francisco venue to be determined based on expected number of participants.
On behalf of the chairs for sessions 43A chairs Umesh Haritashya and Michael Bishop (and myself) and GLIMS, we invite you to this dinner.  It will be pay-as-you-go; we will arrange something pleasant and we can expect a special evening, but nothing too expensive. Our group may require quite a few tables, so we need a rough head count.  So please--even if you previously announced planned participation at either Umesh's prior announced Himalaya dinner, or at my prior announced GLIMS dinner, please (re)indicate your planned participation.  We will be sure that the restaurant has a variety of food, including vegetarian dishes. RSVP via email by Tuesday for those planning on participating.  If you spend some of your work time thinking about glaciers, you're invited (along with spouses, significant others). By Wednesday noon we will have selected a venue and will notify you by email with location/direction information.
We will not have a formal program.
For the cross-listed recipients, please accept our apologies for double messaging.
Hope to see many of the GLIMS team and Himalayan glacier experts at the dinner, but certainly also at the many cryosphere sessions.
Jeff KargelUmesh HaritashyaMichael BishopBruce Raup