[GLIMS] New data submission process in place

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Fri Sep 30 10:21:13 MDT 2011

Hello all,

We have a new system in place for accepting uploaded GLIMS data at NSIDC.
The URL and user interface are the same, but now after you've uploaded a
zip or tar file containing GLIMS data, a process is started that
automatically checks the dataset for formatting, existence of proper GLIMS
IDs, correct coordinate system for the outline vertices, and several other
data integrity checks.  For a large dataset, the process can take a while,
even a few hours.  After upload, you are given a link right away that you
can use to monitor the checking process, and at the end, you will receive
an email with a summary of the test results.

I used to do these checks manually, so this should substantially speed up
the feedback to submitters -- not to mention lightening my work load a
bit.

I welcome any questions or comments on this new system.

Regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce H. RAUP