[GLIMS] GDEM2 coming-- much better than GDEM1

Adina Racoviteanu racovite at colorado.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:38:04 MDT 2011

Jeff-

Thanks for this note. I'd be curious what "better" means, as it sounds
qualitative to me. Better vertical accuracy? better terrain
representation? The higher resolution usually introduces more noise in
the DEM, it will be interesting to compare. Any way we can get more
detail? I would imagine all of us will start validating in our study
areas, but it would be nice to know about the results of this initial
validation so we don;t duplicate efforts.

cheers
Adina

--
Adina Racoviteanu