GLIMS Update: Free ASTER and ECHO/WIST accounts

Jeffrey Kargel jeffreyskargel at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:42:21 MST 2010

Dear GLIMS colleagues,
Another GLIMS/free-ASTER user account termination event is going to happen on June 30, but we are extending existing users' accounts beyond then, so hopefully it will not disrupt anything.  We will make a bulk application to extend, so if you have been productively downloading free ASTER, and your email address is not one of those in the Cc list, then you don't need to respond individually as you had to in the last couple of years.  However, I make three points which may variously apply to some of you.  Sorry for cross-posting a number of you.
1. GLIMS community members who do not now have a ECHO/WIST account and who want to receive free ASTER data, and who have not been receiving such data, should:    (a) Sign up at https://wist.echo.nasa.gov/api/    (b) Send me an indication of interest in free ASTER with your name, institution, address, email address, telephone number, and region of interest for the "free-ASTER" listing.  ECHO/WIST listing also provides a handy point of entry for general NASA remote sensing data, but this message pertains strictly to free ASTER only.
2. If any existing "free ASTER" listees think that they have fallen off the list, or if you fall off after June 30, let me know (again, please supply name, institution, address, email address, and telephone number; and area of interest).
3. The Cc'ed people (besides Woody Turner and Dawn Siemonsma) are both (a) listed already for receiving "free ASTER," and (b) do not have an ECHO account user name, according to a list I received.  These people should register: https://wist.echo.nasa.gov/api/   If you notice an email address in the Cc list that is no longer in service, please inform me, and we will take it off the list (and supply me with an updated address, if needed for the free ASTER listing; the GLIMS mailing list does not provide that access).
--Jeff Kargel