ASTER metadata layer at glims.org: almost back

Bruce RAUP braup at nsidc.org
Mon Mar 16 14:57:16 MDT 2009

All,

I'm sure many of you are aware that the "ASTER footprints" layer in the
GLIMS MapServer application
(http://glims.colorado.edu/glacierdata/glacierdata.php) has not been
updated in some time.  We had been automatically downloading ASTER
metadata from EROS Data Center, but that process broke down and needed
to be rebuilt.

We (at NSIDC) have rewritten the scripts to pull the metadata from a new
server at EROS, and will soon have the daily ingest process restored and
caught up to the present.  However, EROS is currently having a problem with
their server that handles browse imagery, so we must wait for this to come
back online.  Note that this problem also affects EROS's own interface,
called WIST.

I'll send out another message when this layer in the MapServer is restored.

Best regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce H. RAUP