Updated GLIMS Web site; new FoG metadata layer in map viewer

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Mon Aug 4 16:57:40 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been changing a few things on the GLIMS Web site recently, and have
now completed the work.  I understand that data download wasn't working
for some of this time, and for that I apologize.  I hope everything is
working properly again.

Changes include:

- the addition of a new layer to the GLIMS interactive map viewer:  the
  complete metadata for the Fluctuations of Glaciers database from the
  World Glacier Monitoring Service.  Thanks go to Michael Zemp for
  spearheading this.
  (Go to http://glims.colorado.edu/glacierdata/, then click on "Start GLIMS
  Glacier Viewer").

- a clearer distinction in the database between the "submitter" and
  potentially multiple "analysts" associated with a package, and various
  interface changes to reflect this

- Reorganization of the page at
  http://glims.org/About/
  with a link to a newly improved page listing contributors, organized by
  RC and by submitter.

- A new top-level button on the left side labeled "Contact" -- the primary
  initial contacts for newcomers to GLIMS