Two new GLIMS/Mars positions, U Arizona

Jeff Kargel jkargel1054 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 11:53:54 MST 2008

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that funding and arrangements are in place to make two new hires this coming spring for work related to GLIMS; one of the positions will additionally involve research related to ancient glaciation on Mars.  Interested people should go to:  www.uacareertrack.com

Go to "Search Postings," and then search under "Job Number," and insert jobs 40208, and 40209.

Applicants are specifically requested NOT to communicate directly with me, but just fill out an application.  Please note that the system is very sensitive and cannot accept a re-application to the same job by the same person, so please be sure that your application is final before you submit.  These positions are oriented toward holders of a PhD, although exceptionally well qualified candidates who may lack the explicit credentials for either job may wish to make your interests known in an email to me.  If your qualifications meet the minimum requirements, please just do the formal application and do not contact me directly.  If you are uncertain about the positions' terms, please just apply, and then we can discuss it at some point.  Faculty from Hydrology & Water Resources, Geosciences, and Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering will review applications and make selections.

In addition to these job postings, the GLIMS group will be hiring students and others for short-term projects, e.g., summer, and those possible candidates should contact me directly by email.

Please distribute this message to those who may have interest in these Alaska glacier, general glaciology, and Mars cryosphere-oriented projects.

Sincerely,

Jeff Kargel