GLIMS Update: (1) Kudos; (2) NASA funding

Paul E Geissler pgeissler at usgs.gov
Tue Jun 20 18:30:17 MDT 2006

Dear Jeff et al.,

  Because of ongoing commitments to other NASA projects, I will not be
  submitting an independent proposal to the Earth System Science Research
  Program this summer on behalf of USGS Astrogeology. However, I would like
  to offer our services to GLIMS PIs that may be in need of the specialized
  expertise available in Flagstaff, which includes image processing and
  analysis, algorithm development, software development, web services, DEM
  generation, and GIS. As a specific example of such collaboration I would
  remind the community of our recent work with Chris Larsen, for whom we
  applied image "warping" to improve the registration of large topographic
  data sets that could not otherwise be coregistered. Please keep us in
  mind as you prepare your proposals and contact me directly to discuss
  specific needs.

Thanks, Paul Geissler
__
Dr. Paul E. Geissler