ANNOUNCEMENT: next "Round-robin" (GLACE II)

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Fri Sep 30 17:09:15 MDT 2005

Dear GLIMS Participant,

We are pleased to announce the kick-off of the Second GLIMS Analysis
Comparison Experiment (GLACE-II).  Please visit the GLACE webpage at
http://glims.colorado.edu/glace/ where instructions and links to data files
are provided.  This experiment will involve analysis of a glacier system in
two images of the same location separated by 9 years.

We would appreciate prompt attention to this experiment.  Completion in time
for discussion at the GLIMS Workshop in New Zealand in February 2006 is
highly desirable. Any preliminary results that could be generated in time
for the GLIMS Miniworkshop in Tucson, Oct. 24-25, would allow for some
assessment as to how the experiment is going at that time. The results of
this experiment are of paramount importance to the quality and usability of
the GLIMS glacier database. At the latest, please have your results to us
by Dec. 31, 2005.

Please contact us, Bruce or Siri Jodha, if you have any questions or
concerns.

<http://glims.colorado.edu/glace/>

--
Siri Jodha Singh Khalsa, Ph.D. / Space Sciences Sector, L-3 GSI
ECS Science Data Coordinator for the National Snow and Ice Data Center

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309