GLIMS Glacier Database almost public!

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Wed Apr 20 17:37:30 MDT 2005

Hi all,

We are in the final stages of getting the web-based interface to the GLIMS
Glacier Database ready for public release.  The URL is

http://glims.colorado.edu/glacierdata/

Please have a look and let us know about any major problems you have.  The
site has been tested on a number of different browsers, including recent
versions of Firefox (Windows and Linux), IE, Konqueror (Linux).  There
seem to be occasional problems with Windows Firefox 1.0.1, but the
recently released 1.0.3 works.  The site uses java and javascript, so
these must be enabled.

We have a few datasets in the database, and are working on ingesting
several more.  However, even at 1400 glaciers, they are clearly lonely for
your contributions!

We will announce this site more widely later in the week.

Additionally, you can update your contact information in our database now
via

http://glims.colorado.edu/submissions/

The site is our data submission interface.  You can also use it to update
your contact info by select your RC, selecting your name, then enter a
blank password.  You'll then get the opportunity to have the password sent
to the e-mail address we have on record for you.  If that doesn't work,
let me know.

Thanks in advance for your kind feedback.

Bruce

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309