"Round-robin" comparative image analysis experiment

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Wed May 12 16:50:20 MDT 2004

Hi all,

We are finally embarking on a "Round-robin" comparative image analysis
experiment.  Please see

http://cires.colorado.edu/~braup/RR/

for details and imagery.

 From the summary at that web page:

"In order to quantify the uncertainties in GLIMS results due to analyses
taking place at different institutions and by different people, we propose
an experiment whereby each Regional Center (RC) will analyze the same
subset of an ASTER image, using whatever tools they wish, to produce
glacier outlines and various scalar attribute data. These results will be
sent to the GLIMS team at the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center
(NSIDC) for compilation and analysis. The results will be published, with
input and co-authorship from the participating RCs."

If you have any questions, please contact either me or Siri Jodha Singh
Khalsa (CC'ed) right away, and we'll try to make the information clearer
on the website.

We look forward to your participation and to getting results.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309