still free ASTER data-- until August?

Jeffrey S Kargel jkargel at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 25 19:02:19 MDT 2002

Dear GLIMS colleagues,

ASTER Level 1A and Level 1B data are still free.  I have been saying for
quite some time that the pricing policy will soon take effect, and I am
saying it again based on the latest information.  August?  I imagine that
all GLIMS RC chiefs and stewards are already registered and are using the
EOS Data Gateway to obtain your still-free ASTER data products, but if not
here is the site where you can register:
http://edcimswww.cr.usgs.gov/pub/imswelcome/   Consider this message
probably my final urging for you to get busy ordering some of the excellent
data available, still for free.  If you checked the data availability most
recently some months ago, and you are studying the northern hemisphere, my
belief is that you will be pleasantly surprised to see how much data is now
available that was not available even last spring.   When the pricing
policy takes effect, I will send a new message along with any other pricing
news that may accompany the official policy.

--Jeff K

Jeffrey S. Kargel
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 N. Gemini Dr.