GLIMS-related software tools

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Tue May 1 14:59:38 MDT 2001

Hello GLIMS affiliates,

In anticipation of the GLIMS meeting in Maryland next month, where I will
summarize what tools are being used by whom, I ask that you please send me
a brief outline of the software tools you are using that are or may be
applicable to GLIMS, or may be of interest to other GLIMS people.  I've
created a form below which you can use if you find it convenient.  It
should only take a few minutes.

Even if you think I already know what you use, please send a brief summary
anyway, as my information is probably old.

Thanks much in advance,
Bruce

Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
University of Colorado, 449 UCB                       Fax:    303-492-2468
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu

Name:
Institution:

0.  I have the following code that I'm willing to share with whoever can
    use it:

1.  For handling HDF-EOS images, we use:

    Cost:
    Sharable?  Yes   No

2.  For image visualization, we use:

    Cost:
    Sharable?  Yes   No

3.  For image geolocation (navigation), we use:

    Cost:
    Sharable?  Yes   No

4.  For creating maps (that may include coastlines, arbitrary lon/lat point
    or polygon data, etc.), we use:

    Cost:
    Sharable?  Yes   No

5.  For image classification, principal component analysis, and similar
    kinds of image processing, we use:

    Cost:
    Sharable?  Yes   No