GLIMS ASTER data list now available

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:16:00 MST 2001

Rick,

Thanks for the information on GLIMS images.  The procrc.tab file is
fantastic!

On 2001-01-31 12:55 -0700,  Rick Wessels wrote:

> Dear GLIMS colleagues,

> USING ASTER DATA
> The data you receive from EDC will be in HDF-EOS format, a fairly
> complex NASA format that's described in several places on the web.
> There are a variety of free and commercial applications to view the
> HDF-EOS data.   You might get started with a free viewer called
> "WebWinds" that may be downloaded from JPL (refer to

For UNIX/Linux users, I've had good luck with HDFLook
(http://loasys.univ-lille1.fr/Hdflook/hdflook_gb.html).  I can easily save
the data as flat binary files using this tool.

Also see the large list at:

http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/tools.html

Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu