NSIDC DAAC archives and distributes swath-based Level-2 and Level-3 data products from the Aquarius microwave radiometers and scatterometer on the Satélite de Aplicaciones Científicas (SAC-D) platform.
NASA's Aquarius is the primary instrument on the SAC-D. Aquarius/SAC-D is a collaboration between NASA and Argentina's space agency, Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales (CONAE), with participation from Brazil, Canada, France and Italy.
The Aquarius data products and related information are described on several Web pages, and can be accessed via the links on the left. The Web pages are described below.
- Data Sets - Lists all the individual Aquarius data sets and provides links to the documentation for each data set.
- Order Data - Provides options for ordering Aquarius data from NSIDC.
- Tools - Provides links to software for working with Aquarius data.
- Data Announcements - Lists data updates, release announcements, and data error or problem notices.
- Published Research - Lists citations of published research involving Aquarius data.