NSIDC DAAC archives and distributes swath-based Level-2 and Level-3 data products from the Aquarius microwave radiometers and scatterometer on the Satélite de Aplicaciones Científicas (SAC-D) platform.
NASA's Aquarius is the primary instrument on the SAC-D. Aquarius/SAC-D is a collaboration between NASA and Argentina's space agency, Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales (CONAE), with participation from Brazil, Canada, France and Italy.
Note: Due to a power failure on the SAC-D on 08 June 2015, data from NASA's Aquarius instrument are no longer being produced. For more information on this event, please refer to the official NASA announcement. The NASA National Snow and Ice Data Center Distributed Active Archive Center (NSIDC DAAC) will continue to distribute Aquarius soil moisture and polar-gridded data sets for the full duration of the mission, 25 August 2011 to 07 June 2015.
The Aquarius data products and related information are described on several Web pages, and can be accessed via the links on the left. The Web pages are described below.
- Data Sets - Lists all the individual Aquarius data sets and provides links to the documentation for each data set.
- Order Data - Provides options for ordering Aquarius data from NSIDC.
- Tools - Provides links to software for working with Aquarius data.
- Data Announcements - Lists data updates, release announcements, and data error or problem notices.
- Published Research - Lists citations of published research involving Aquarius data.