This Level-3 gridded product (AE_SI25) includes brightness temperatures at 6.9 through 89.0 GHz and sea ice concentrations.
AMSR-E/Aqua Daily L3 25 km Brightness Temperature & Sea Ice Concentration Polar Grids, Version 3
Changes to the Version 3 algorithm for these data include:
- Uses Version 3 of the AMSR-E/Aqua L2A Global Swath Spatially-Resampled Brightness Temperatures data as input
- Improved Antarctic land mask: Includes an updated ice shelf definition created by the National Ice Center Science Department in June 2011, and an updated shoreline developed from ENVISAT and RADARSAT imagery from October 2009 to April 2010. Also, this updated version no longer uses the Level-2A land flag and only uses the updated land mask for surface type classification in the southern hemisphere sea ice concentration algorithm.
- Inclusion of ISO lineage metadata
Data Set Tabs
N: 90, S: 30.98, E: 180, W: -180
N: -39.23, S: -90, E: 180, W: -180
- 25 km x 25 km
- 1 June 2002 to 4 October 2011
- Microwave > Brightness Temperature
- Sea Ice > Sea Ice Concentration
As a condition of using these data, you must cite the use of this data set using the following citation. For more information, see our Use and Copyright Web page.
Questions? Please contact:
NSIDC User Services
Phone: 1 303 492-6199
Fax: 1 303 492-2468
National Snow and Ice Data Center
CIRES, 449 UCB
University of Colorado
Province or State: CO
Postal Code: 80309-0449