The portal now includes flight reports and flight geometries for the NASA Antarctica 2012 campaign. Explore the portal now.
Note: The portal is currently supported in Firefox 3.6+, Chrome 6.0+, or Safari 3.0+ browsers.
NSIDC manages data for products derived from NASA's Operation IceBridge aircraft missions, and implements tools and services extending the uses of IceBridge data products.
The Operation IceBridge mission, initiated in 2009, collects airborne remote sensing measurements to bridge the gap between NASA's Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite (ICESat) mission and the upcoming ICESat-2 mission.
IceBridge mission observations and measurements include coastal Greenland, coastal Antarctica, the Antarctic Peninsula, interior Antarctica, the southeast Alaskan glaciers, and Antarctic and Arctic sea ice.
The NASA IceBridge mission combines multiple instruments to map ice surface topography, bedrock topography beneath the ice sheets, grounding line position, ice and snow thickness, and sea ice distribution and freeboard. Data from laser altimeters and radar sounders are paired with gravitometer, magnetometer, mapping camera, and other data to provide dynamic, high-value, repeat measurements of rapidly-changing portions of land and sea ice.
The data products and related information are displayed on several Web pages, and can be accessed via the links on the left. These Web pages are described below.
- Data Sets - Lists IceBridge data sets currently available from NSIDC.
- Data Versions - Tracks changes and updates to IceBridge data sets.
- Instrument Data Sets - Lists IceBridge instruments. Links to data servers, where available, are provided.
- Campaign Data Sets - Provides a list of IceBridge data collected by campaign, and includes information on flights and instruments.
- Tools - Provides links to software on NSIDC's FTP server for reading and viewing NASA IceBridge data.
- Data Announcements - Lists updates to, or problems with the data.
- Published Research - Bibliography of published research using NASA IceBridge data.
- Evaluation Products - Products derived from published IceBridge data sets, made available to the public for review.
Page last updated: 09/15/14